Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions Consulting
1. Consulting Services provided by CarpeViam are subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By providing Consulting Services, we do not guarantee a particular economic outcome. Our statements and recommendations prepare entrepreneurial decisions of the client. They don’t substitute them.
2. We are entitled to use authorised experts and other Third Parties for the execution of the contract. Advisory services in legal or tax matters are neither assured nor performed hereunder. These services are to be provided by the client.
3. We perform our services based on data and information provided by the client or his authorised agents. We evaluate plausibility of the provided information. It is the responsibility of the client to insure their factual accuracy and completeness.
4. We keep records of our services in writing.
5. Unless otherwise agreed the client is granted – within the scope of his business – a non-exclusive and non-transferable, right to use our documents or working results, which have been generated in the course of the agreement.
6. Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing payments will be due without deduction instantly after issuing the invoice. In case of delayed payment we are entitled to charge interest to the amount of 5% above the current base interest rate of the European Central Reserve Bank. The retention of our remuneration and the offset are only permitted if the entitlement of the client is accredited by us or is legally binding. In case of delayed payment we reserve the right to defer or cancel our services.
7. We can be hold liable only in case of intent or gross negligence regarding the performed consulting services. We reassure that we are adequately covered by insurance in the context of our activities. Therefore, a possible case of damage is limited to the amount of the insurance benefit. This also holds true in case we are liable regarding our vicarious agents or other authorized persons.
8. In case of inadequate performance we have the right of amendment. If amendmend fails twice, the client is entitled to execute legal rights.
9. The client and Carpe Viam GmbH are bound to secrecy regarding any personal and economic circumstances which they get acquainted with in the course of the assignment.
10. Modifications of the contract, especially agreements regarding additional services, require written form.
11. In case any of the provisions of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, the validity of the other provisions remains unaffected.
12. The agreement will be subject to German law. Place of jurisdiction, as far as admissible, and place of execution is our place of business.
Terms and Conditions Events / Workshops
1. Confirmation of Course Registration
Registration for events has to be addressed to the organiser in writing (letter, fax, e-mail). Upon entry of registration, participants receive a written acknowledgement, an invoice and the location of the event with travel directions.
The organiser reserves the right to cancel the event up to 20 days before commencement due to important reason. In this case the organiser is obliged to refund fees already charged for the event. In case of force majeure (e.g., fire, strike) or other obstacles not to be covered by and outside the sphere of influence of the organiser, the organiser reserves the right to resign from the contract. In these cases, the organiser will inform participants without delay and directly refund all payments made.
Attainments encompass the conduct of events according to respective descriptions or individual offerings. A lump sum per participant is charged for luncheon during one-day events, if not described differently.
The event fees are listed in the respective descriptions. The fee is to be transfered to the bank account of the organiser before the commencement of the event, bank details Stadtsparkasse Duesseldorf/Germany, BIC/SWIFT DUSSDEDD, IBAN DE25300501100010167013. Participation is reserved after entry of the event fee.
4. Cancellation of registration
A cancellation is possible up to 20 days before commencement of the event, if this is indicated in writing to the organiser within this time limit. In this case all event fees are refunded. Afterwards, 50% of event fees are retained. If a substitute is provided the mentioned cancellation fees do not apply. Does participation at one of the organisers events take place within six months after cancelation, the event fee will be reduced by the cancellation fee payed.
Required hotel reservations are to be carried out by the participants themselves. Upon request, the organiser provides information regarding accomodation facilities nearby the event location.
6. Number of Participants
In order to ensure efficient execution of events and to preserve high quality standards the number of participants is limited. The respective number of participants can be found in the event descriptions. Registrations are considered along the order of receipt.
7. Responsibilities of Participants
The participants are acquainted with the fact that event documents are protected by copy right. They will only use them for personal matters. It is forbidden to distribute them to third parties, to copy or publish them.
The organiser is liable only in cases of gross negligence and intent. Beyond that, the organiser is not liable. Items of participants left behind will only be forwarded upon request of the participant, at own risk and own cost of the participant. The items are retained for 2 weeks and then delivered to the local lost property office. The use of parking sites at the event locations takes place at the participants own risk, there is no custody agreement.